2005-07-06 - 5:13 p.m.
Shake Your Love
This is kind of a fun exercise, but there's no way I'm going to be able to manage thirty. I know I have all the ticket stubs saved somewhere though...
* Reply to this message telling me which of these 30 artists you have also seen perform.
* Take the ones from my list that you have seen, and post them in your own LJ (or blog).
* Add more until you have 30.
There's supposed to be some stipulation that only rock/pop are allowable. Humph... I'm wondering who/what "Puffy Amiyumee" is, and haven't more people on a global level heard of Angelique Kidjo....?
Feel free to pooh-pooh the latter part of my list if you desire.
[1-6 in common with Huntington... right down to the "Good Heavens!" Tour at #1. Yes, I still own the T-shirt.]
[NB: all dates below "circa"]
1. Belinda Carlisle (NY Beacon 1987; Garden State Arts Center 1989)
2. Morrissey (SB Bowl 2003)
3. Go-Go's (Rider College 1990; SB Bowl 1999)
4. Bananarama (NY Palladium 1987)
5. Del Rubio Triplets (UCSB 1992)
6. B-52's (Milwaukee Summerfest 1988)
7. Ziggy Marley (do opening acts count?) (Milwaukee 1988)
8. A-ha (NY Radio City 1986)
9. Debbie Gibson (GS Arts Center 1989)
10. Elvis Costello (GS Arts Center 1989)
11. Squeeze (Madison Square Garden 1989)
12. Live Aid Philadelphia (1988) (ooh, can I count all these as separate performers? To be honest, I don’t remember a bit of any of their performances, except, fleetingly, Tracy Chapman)
12. Bruce Springsteen
13. (or 12b.) Peter Gabriel
14. (or 12c.) Sting
15. (or 12d.) Tracy Chapman
16. (or 12e.) Youssou N'Dour (was he really there? I didn't even know who he was at the time...)
17. Suzanne Vega (NY Ritz 1988)
18. Billy Bragg (NY Roseland 1988; Isla Vista Graduate 1992)
19. Sade (SB Bowl 1994)
20. 10,000 Maniacs (NY Beacon Theatre 1989)
21. The Ocean Blue (Daytona Beach 1990)
22. Mighty Lemon Drops (Daytona Beach 1990)
23. John Wesley Harding (Daytona Beach 1990)
24. New Order (Meadowlands Arena 1989)
25. Sugarcubes (Meadowlands Arena 1989)
26. PiL-Public Image Ltd (Meadowlands Arena 1989)
27. Ravi Shankar (UCSB 2003)
28. Angelique Kidjo (UCSB 2004)
29. Mariza (UCSB 2004)
30. Césaria Evora (UCLA 1997; SB Lobero 1998; UCSB 2001)
= = = = = = = = = = =